Image Credit: Dreamstime.com
When you’re shopping for a pre-owned car, it’s vital that you look at the long-term costs and decide a?reliable vehicle that will not hit you up for a leg along with a leg as time goes on on account of expensive repairs.
But when it comes to reliability, small children that some trucks and cars perform far better than others.
Read more:?4 suggestions for better car maintenance over the cheap
New report: Cars while using fewest and cheapest repairs
In its 2016 Vehicle Health Index report, CarMD ranked both manufacturers and vehicles over the frequency of check engine light problems and the average cost of repairs.
Here are amongst the highlights within the study:
- Four within the 10 vehicles using the fewest check engine light issues are Toyotas.
- The 2012 Honda CR-V had the minimum average repair cost and fewest repair issues, so that it is quite possibly the most reliable.
- Hyundai is definitely the make when using the lowest average check engine repair cost.
- Toyota had?the smallest repair frequency.
According to CarMD, a minimum of 10% of vehicles in the us have a check engine light on at any moment.?But which drivers make fewer trips to your auto mechanic shop?
As we mentioned, Toyota had?the best repair frequency, followed by Honda, Nissan, Audi and Volkswagen.
Of course, even within one specific car brand, some vehicles is going to be more reliable than the others. These 10 SUVs, cars and trucks had budget friendly repair frequency:
Lowest repair cost
Even by far the most reliable vehicles need repairs from time to time. CarMD found out that Hyundai owners had the best average check engine light related repair cost at $318.50.
The Korean automaker was pursued by Mazda, Kia, Chevrolet and Chrysler.
Among the 8,500 unique variations of model year 1996 to 2016 vehicles driving, the 2012 Honda CR-V wins bragging rights. The SUV had the minimum average repair cost at $100.53.
Didn’t visit vehicle on the market? You are able to fire up your car’s?year, brand name on CarMD’s web site to find out about the top check engine light culprits in your vehicle!
More Clark.com stories you will like:
- 10 vehicles that owners keep for A decade’s or longer
- Top 7 cars that owners regret buying
- 5 indicators your mechanic really should not trusted
- New report: These are the basic 38 safest vehicles for 2017