A new 7.2 kW charging system about the 2019 Chevrolet Volt cuts recharging times nearly by 50 percent the actual addition of about twice the all-electric driving range per hour .
The new system headlines several additional enhancements for your 2019 Volt and enhances the vehicle’s all-electric utility for owners taking benefit from “opportunity charging,” or plugging in in town to top off it charge.
“With about twice the number added during 240V Level 2 charging sessions, the 2019 Volt’s 7.2 kW system makes opportunity charging more worthwhile,” said Jesse Ortega, chief engineer, Chevrolet Electric Vehicles. “It effectively extends the vehicle’s all-electric driving range, while providing about twice the number order when plugging in at public facilities that charge an extra.”
With the latest 7.2 kW system, an extensive recharge may be accomplished just in 2.Three hours with a 240-volt outlet and supporting hardware. The brand new technique is standard within the 2019 Volt Premier model and seen on the LT trim. A 3.6 kW charger is standard to the Volt LT.
The new charging system complements the Volt’s extended-range electric propulsion system, which which includes a full tank of gas plus a full charge provides an EPA-estimated 53 miles of pure EV range and 106 MPGe, or gasoline equivalent. If your Volt’s battery runs low, a gas-powered generator takes over to boost the driving range to your total of 420 miles (675 km) for a full tank.
In addition to the brand new charging system, the 2019 Volt delivers a volume of enhancements designed to improve convenience and help owners acquire more from their all-electric driving experience.
For people in colder climates who wants to use only a small amount gas as you can, the 2019 Volt allows activation in the automatic engine-assisted heat to remain deferred until lower temperatures – minus 13 degrees F / minus 25 degrees C – to get more all-electric operation.
The 2019 Volt also features new Low and Regen on Demand profiles that enable increased regenerative braking capability when drivers let away from the accelerator pedal. The feature helps your car achieve its class-leading EV range, plus the updates produce an improved driving feel with smoother operation when slowing.
A new Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system which has an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen possesses a new Energy App. The app’s Impacts Screen shows drivers how driving style, route, climatic conditions and cabin comfort setting may affect range and conveys the outcome more intuitively determined by mileage rather than the previous numerical “score.” Drivers will cherish having additional information regarding their efficiencies which enable it to try and eke out every EV mile possible.
The 2019 Volt also introduces its first power driver’s seat. The six-way seat is standard on Premier and available on LT models.
Additional changes and updates:
– GM’s continuing evolution of the pedestrian alert system, first deployed for 2011, now using back and front speakers to provide audible alerts when operating at slow speeds.
– A brand new digital rearview camera replaces the last analog system.
– New driver-switchable Adaptive Cruise Control permits the choice of conventional cruise control or adaptive cruise control.
– New tire fill alert sounds a horn when full tire pressure is achieved.
– New, decorative seating patterns are given on cloth seats.
– New Power Convenience Package located on LT adds an electrical driver seat essential to content offered for the Comfort Package.
– Wireless charging pad for compatible phones is relocated ahead of the shifter for easier use (available with navigation radio).
– New Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color is obtainable.
– New Jet Black/Porcelain Blue interior emerged on Premier.
– Available dealer-installed blackout package has sport pedals, black front/rear bowtie emblems and 17-inch machined-aluminum wheels with black-painted pockets.
“The 2019 Volt’s enhancements give customers more of anything they love with the vehicle making it much more useful as an everyday electric vehicle,” said Ortega. “It’s a more seamless experience than ever before.”
The 2019 Chevrolet Volt keeps growing sale this fall.
Chevrolet Volt owners have driven above 2.8 billion EV miles, saving a lot more than 108 million gallons of gas.