2016 Cadillac ELR electrified luxury coupe will offer a host of upgrades, including boosts in acceleration, driving performance and connectivity.
Major product upgrades incorporate a above Twenty-five percent boost in power and torque, faster acceleration that improves 0-60 mph by 1.5 seconds, higher top speed, retuned chassis and steering for better handling, more responsive brakes as well as a new Performance equipment package.
Distinguished by using a new grille and Cadillac’s new crest, the 2016 ELR, offering the first applying extended-range electric vehicle technology by a full-line luxury automotive brand, will start at $58,495 net pricing after U.S. federal tax credits. Manufacturer’s Suggested List price excludes tax, title, license, dealer
The 2016 ELR’s steering and suspension upgrades include:
– Revised calibration of your HiPer Strut front suspension
– Increased front spring rates in addition to a stiffer rear axle
– Stiffer bushings for any front lower control arms, cradle mounts and Watts link from the rear suspension, for further precise control without the need of loss of ride quality
– Revised calibrations to the Continuous Damping Control system
– Front Damper Rebound Spring added
– New steering calibration tuned correspond the revised chassis and suspension systems
– Revised brake hardware and system calibration for improved application feel.
A new optional Performance Package elevates the Cadillac ELR’s driving experience further with greater handling and braking capability